On Jan 27th and 28th all of the students at Midsun will be taking Midyear exams in LA & Social Studies. This will provide the students with an opportunity to experience a cumulative exam, and the teachers the opportunity to gauge where students are in the learning process. The mornings of both of these days have been set aside for these exams as the whole school will be participating.
Here are some helpful test day tips:
- Get enough sleep, eat a good breakfast, bring a sweater and a water bottle, and leave a little earlier than usual if you can.
- Make sure you have all the necessary materials (e.g. pens, sharpened pencils, eraser, approved calculator, etc.)
- Attentively listen to, and read, all instructions.
- Manage time carefully; it is important to answer as many test questions as possible, so try not to leave any blank.
- Consider going through the test and answering the 'easy' questions first, then returning to tackle the more complicated ones later; when stuck on a question, make the best guess and move on.
- Read questions thoroughly, paying close attention to words like: not, no, never, now, all, always, only, most, best, exactly.
- Try coming up with an answer yourself before reading multiple choice options.
- Employ the process of elimination; exclude multiple choice distractors that are definitely wrong to narrow down the options.
- Use scratch paper; working problems out methodically and drawing pictures can help.
- Show ALL work for written responses.
- Double check each answer and all written work, but stick to initial gut instincts; don't change an answer unless it is obviously wrong.
Study Hard and Good Luck