- Last week we celebrated our final LinkAges meeting with 26 students sharing fun and stories with their partner seniors at McKenzie Towne Centre. These students gave two hours every second week all year long to play games, share stories and laughter with the seniors they were partnered with. It was heart warming to see the touching goodbyes as the students finished the program for the year.
- On Tuesday, MidSun Athletes competed hard at the annual Track and Field event and placed 2nd overall! There were many top finishes throughout the day. A big thank you goes out to all of our coaches for supporting the athletes along the way. Another big thank you goes to our volunteers without whom, this opportunity would not be possible for our students.
- On Thursday, leadership students volunteered at the Calgary Children's Festival and put smiles on the faces of thousands of Calgary youngsters. They also were able to catch a great show "Frogs" while at the Festival.
- This week also was the culmination of many hours of extra work to present our Mainstage Play "The Wizard of Oz". Over 80 students, teachers, parents, volunteers and community members worked together under the direction of our very own Ms. Smith to put on this amazing production that was viewed by hundreds of people. The acting, lights, costumes, singing, makeup, sets, props etc, were fantastic and a real highlight was a 15 foot puppet for the character of Oz! Well done to everyone involved.
- Our ALP & ACCESS students with the help of several students in the regular program are working on some fence art that has begun to appear on the fence in front of our school. Be sure to check out the way it develops over the next month. Thanks to Mr. Reynard and Ms. Kaminski for spearheading this work.
There is still lots going on with our grade 9 band students off on a tour of BC next week and our grade 8 students touring down town following the steps of a character from the book "Tom Finder". Our grade 7 will also be exploring Canadian history with a one day field trip to Heritage Park. On June 5, we will hold our annual spring Carnival and raise money for tumour banking. More information is coming about out about that shortly.
Have a great weekend MidSun Family,