CPS recommends various strategies to help parents protect their children from online hazards. Some of these tips include:
- Maintain open lines of communication between parents and children.
- Make sure children to not disclose any personally identifiable information (i.e names, photos) to any strangers, websites, or chat rooms on the internet
- Teach children to stop using the internet immediately and advise parent if they see or read anything that upsets them.
- Keep your computer with the internet access in a high traffic area of the home.
- Restrict access to the internet when there is no supervision available.
- Monitor long distance telephone/cell phone bills for unknown telephone numbers.
Additional resources, tips, and information can be found at the CPS website:
Mr. TailorTechnology/Complementary Learning Leader